“Seeking the Kingdom in a Sinking Culture”
M – The Master Issue – Whose money is it?
O – The Order Issue – What do I do with it?
- The Process of GROWTH
“Stewardship is the use of God-given resources for the accomplishment of God-given ________.”
God owns it all! (Ps. 24:1; Mt. 25:14)
Money & Material possessions are…
- 1. A TOOL (Phil. 4:11-12) Money issues cause us to ask, “What do You want me to _____________, Lord?” i.e. contentment; generosity; etc. “Continued worldly prosperity is a fiery trial.” Charles H. Spurgeon
- 2. A TEST (Luke 16:11-12) The real issue with stewardship is ____________.
- 3. A TESTIMONY (Matt. 5:13-16) My ____________ toward wealth becomes a positive or negative testimony.
“What a testimony it is to the world when a Christian dares to practice Matt. 6:33.” Warren Wiersbe
KEY POINT: The ___________ of our wealth is NOT important—it’s what you ____ with what you have that counts. cf. Matt. 25:23; Luke 21:1-4
- The Promise of BLESSING Our Heavenly Father entrusts us with ___________ to make financial choices. We can…
- GIVE (Prov. 3:9-10) We must commit ourselves to support God’s Kingdom __________!
- SAVE (Prov. 21:20) It is the ___________ that allows us to respond to the needs of others. i.e. create margin
- 3. LIVE (1 Tim. 6:17-19; Heb. 13:5) Break-even is not a living point but a _________ point. (Larry Burkett)
- Be Realistic – Rev. 13:16-17
- Be Teachable – 1 Tim. 6:17-19
- Be Obedient – 40 Day Spiritual Journey